Dec 1, 2007

A Random Aside

Ha ha… just more of my antics. I have been casually playing racquetball for about a year and a half now. By casual, I mean that I don’t really pay too much attention to scoring or the particular rules, I just enjoy hitting and chasing the ball and seeing what martial art antics I can fit into the game. Thus, I am sure it is really “entertaining” to watch. Anyway, during the time that I’ve played, I stopped using a few balls because they didn’t seem to work so well any more. However, I have not had one split until the other day. I don’t know if this is normal or not, probably just from being worn out, but I hit the ball pretty hard, it split / broke, thudded against the wall, bounced twice… and died on the floor.

It probably doesn’t sound so by the way I am describing it, but I thought it was quite comical at the time. Usually it will come flying back toward me or at some crazy angle, but noooo… it just thudded in a grand, anticlimactic, I’m too old for this kind of way.

Well, what do you do with a broken / split racquetball? I guess most would throw it out… and I will… but for now, I just have to have some fun with it. I “discovered” that if you squeeze the sides, the split opens and closes like a little mouth (or change purse). So, I decided to draw a smiley face on it and surprise my friend Ben when he came over. Ben being Ben… went into monologue with it! Ben thinks it looks like Charlie Brown with a goatee. For some reason it reminds me of the Looney Tunes cartoons where Lenny says, “I shall love him and hold him and pet him and squeeze him and call him George,” so, I shall call him George ;)

One day George will have to go away, but for now, he makes me laugh (and yes, I admit that I am odd ;)



PS - No, I have not given up on the series, I will be working on that later, but just wanted to take an aside for a moment :)


















George, in somewhat decent health



















George, being squeezed

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Aaron,
That was Marvin that wanted to love and squeeze George :)

ordi said...

one word: *LOOOOOOOOOL!!!* ;))) that's all.. just LOL!! :D

A-Hawk said...

@ Sarah, thanks for the correction. I couldn’t remember the one name in the Looney Tunes cartoons. I believe in the original was from “Of Mice & Men" By John Steinbeck, where it was Lenny, then later the abominable snowman, and several of others who evidently changed the name. Thank again :)

@ Ordi, that is quite the word there… thanks ;)