May 10, 2007

About me – the Fuller Version

Let’s see, where do I begin… duh… I am deeply in love with Jesus Christ!!! I strive to submit my will, my mind, my talents, and my all to Him… for He alone is Worthy!!! (Lord, I love you; help me to love you more!!!)

Ok, the first thing is that I am completely new to the whole “online” thing, as far as blogs and communities. I have had email since 2000, but otherwise, haven’t really used the internet until recently. Thus, I am still really new at all of this.

Second, I’m really not sure why anyone would care what I have to say. This is not false modesty or anything like that, I sincerely don’t understand; who am I that people should care what I have to say? To be completely honest, there are two reasons I decided to do this. The first was the gentle coaxing of some friends who refused to read my notes on Facebook and said I was basically using FB as a blog, thus I should just start one. :) Gotta love my friends! The second is that, though I truly write for my own satisfaction, I do really enjoy feedback. Also, as an added benefit, it gives people another angle from which to view and get to know me. So, if you have any comments, please feel free to leave them.


Now, for general info about me…

Well…

The best way to get to know me is to talk with me, obviously. I enjoy anything that stimulates the intellect (especially things that are witty or sarcastic in nature). I also love to laugh and have a good time. I love cutting up and playing with people. I love music and sing almost all the time; especially when I am close to the Lord. There’s nothing like singing at the top of your lungs at 3:00 in the morning! I also enjoy psychology and counseling and studying people in general. One of the greatest joys and interests in my life is that of studying people and spurring them on in the Lord.







On one hand, if you meet me, I will probably seem like one of the quietest people you have ever met, at first. In all of life, I am generally an observer first and then I act. Thus, in new social situations, I will usually “disappear,” until I am comfortable with a group or person. Once those barriers are broken down and I am comfortable, I act very different. Then “the real me” begins to come out. I love talking… a lot of talking. In fact, sometimes too much talking (can you tell ;) I am also an extremely hyper person. I have tons of energy and enjoy staying active. I don’t like staying still. Even at home, I am up and about doing anything but sitting still, at least as rule. I do know when to relax, especially where fellowship and conversation are concerned, but even in these times, my mind is usually going. On the other hand, I have a very strong personality and an even stronger will. Thus, when I need to be, I can be one of the boldest people you will ever meet. As a rule, I am a very up front person and prefer people be the same way with me.



There are two words that the people who know me best use to describe me, time and time again. Those words are sincere and intense. I don’t mind those two descriptive terms; in fact, I think they are good attributes. However, they both seem to get me into a lot of trouble. I hate ambiguity with a passion. I desperately love deep conversation and communication, free from pretense and deceit. That said, until I am secure in a relationship and can trust that a person will not misunderstand what I am saying, I tend to overanalyze and over-qualify things. This drives some people nuts. Other nuts, like me, understand and aren’t bothered by it. Even by including this in my “about me” section, I am proving my own point :) So… I am asking (ahead of time) for your forgiveness and for grace if I offend you in some way. Also, I have a really “bad” habit of giving people more information than they were really asking for. When I am interested in something, anything, I want to know everything I can about it, every little detail. I also love talking, as mentioned above. Thus, put those two together, and you have a person who gives a lot of info when asked a question. I am getting better at holding the balance on all three of these things, but the key here is “getting” better (present-active sense). Thus, once again, I ask that you just call me a dork and hand over some grace!


Ok, one last thing here (at least for now)… Let me be abundantly clear: I am writing as a Christian, a follower of Jesus Christ. Christ, who is the Son of God, the second person of the trinity (see scripture passage below*). Further, I believe that the Bible is God’s special, inspired revelation of Himself to us. I believe it is entirely true and completely perfect (2 Tim 3.16). That said, if you are not a Christian or do not believe in the total inspiration of the Bible, please feel free to comment and interact as much as possible. Also, feel free not to use abusive language or harass me or any that may read this blog. If you disagree, that is fine, but let’s all be civil. Abuse will not be tolerated!

May the Lord help us to honor Him in all of our thoughts, speech, and actions!!!


Sincerely, the recovering Pharisee,

Aaron Hawk



*John 1:1-14 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. 5 The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. 6 There came a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness, to testify about the Light, so that all might believe through him. 8 He was not the Light, but he came to testify about the Light. 9 There was the true Light which, coming into the world, enlightens every man. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. 11 He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him. 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, 13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God. 14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

No comments: