Oct 14, 2007

Rant about Football

Originally posted 12:06 am Wednesday, Jan 3 on Facebook
_________________


Before you read the original post, let me say two things…

First, the big post I’ve been talking about is still on the way, I have just been insanely busy (to put it mildly). Thus, this post is more of a filler as I try to make sure that I post at least once a week. I hope to have that one posted within the next two weeks. The reason for the two weeks is that I need to finish typing it, have a person or two look over it, and then post something that I feel needs to precede that one.

Second, please understand that I don’t normally speak with as little grace as in the following post. As noted above, this was originally posted on Facebook and a comment or two was made about my bluntness. I can be an extremely blunt person and sometimes don’t realize how much I am. So, please understand that I do not mean to offend anyone with this, I’m just expressing my feelings in an unguarded manner.

Thanks in advance for your understanding :)

_________________



One thing that I always forget about this time of the year is all of the stinking football!!! For the record, I can’t stand football. I don’t necessarily have anything against it per se, but really detest how it takes over this entire culture during certain times of the year (and just generally have no use for it). Also for the record, I am not a “sports” person in terms of watching stuff on TV or letting it be the sole subject of endless ‘sports’ conversations. Now, I LOVE playing different sports, but that is a different matter altogether (Football is not even one of those)! Bottom line, I think I would literally rather watch the grass grow, than watch football (this is a toss-up, but the grass would probably win :)


Yes, I realize this is not a football, but I couldn't find a pic of a flat football and have about as much enthusiasm about basketball, thus it works just as well :)








I think the following paraphrase will serve to explain my view on this quite well. I cannot take credit for the illustration (it’s from Dr. Kent Hovind – yes, cringe in fear Matt Scheffel), but can sure stand behind it. [I just don’t understand why anyone would pay a guy millions of dollars to carry a pig’s bladder down a cow pasture and then pay another guy millions of dollars to carry it back.] Beyond this, I just don’t understand why anyone would want to watch!

Yes, I realize there is more to it than this, but again, I just don’t have any use for it!

No comments: